I Am Quilting...
- I’m still working on the Tula Pink City Sampler quilt blocks…those will be on the sewing table for quite some time.
- I also finished up two paper pieced Zenchic “Globes”…one went to the Round Robin Challenge in our Modern Quilt Guild and the other will be a wall hanging. I’m looking forward to having fun quilting it up.
- I’m also going to bring out my octopus thread sketch piece and keep going. I started her before Christmas and took a break when I needed to finish up my gift sewing. Here she is so far:
She is based on a photo I took when we visited the Maui Ocean Center a few years ago:
I Am Knitting...
- A scarf for me made from this beautiful bamboo yarn:
- I also finished up three more hats for Jamie, James, and Lillian. I love knitting hats because they are quick. I can usually finish one up while we watch a movie (I like big yarn and big needles 😁)
I Am Reading...
- Still working on Braving The Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brene Brown…and loving it!
- I abandoned Wild: From Lost to Found on The Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed for many reasons but I dumped it permanently after the horse incident. I think she tells a tall tale and I’m just not that into it.
- Up next is Educated by Tara Westover.
I Am Podcasting...
- The Dave Ramsey Show
- Rise with Rachel Hollis
- Ed Mylett Show with Ed Mylett. Here is one of the latest episodes that resonates.
- For the Love with Jen Hatmaker. Everyone must hear this!
I should add here that I listen to Podcasts while I work on other things like
the dishes quilting.
I Am Learning...
- Conversational Spanish, Level 1 with Mr. Gyde
- How to make my own Kombucha from my friend Lesa
- Snowshoeing…another fabulous way to get outside and see Mother Nature in all her winter glory!
- Cross Country Skiing. We went again this week and I had a yard sale (read pancake splat fall flat on my back). I swear you would think I’m heliskiing down some ginormous volcanic ridge…but, no. I’ve seen driveways in the midwest with steeper grades. I’m working on it..but those hills are a work in progress 😉
- How to film myself for web content…I found Peter McKinnon on YouTube and I dig him! He is funny and knowledgeable!
I Am Moving My Body by...
- Yoga every day at home with Mr. Gyde. We are following on a 30-day yoga journey with Adriene on YouTube. We both love it!
- Skiing (cross country and downhill)
- Jamie is working hard to get everyone (surgeons, nurses, and support staff) trained on the robot that was recently delivered. Next week he will fly to Arizona for a cadaver lab with several surgeons. Jamie is also learning a few guitar chords so he can play Carlos Santana’s Oye Como Va with James.
- Lillian is entering the last day of her cumulative semester final exams. She’s feeling great about how things will finish up. Last night at dinner she told us how much she is looking forward to next semester but is worried because, for the first time in a long time, she won’t have a science class. Be still my heart! She is considering switching her study hall to Chemistry but track season is starting soon so we shall wait and see what she decides.
- Kathryn came home from the swim meet last weekend with a nasty cold. Sometimes it is hard to tell which is winning, Kathryn or the life-sucking plague she is battling. She also has final exams this week but many are just regular chapter tests disguised as a final exam. She keeps a cool head during weeks like these and I just take notes…because FINAM EXAMS FREAK ME OUT!
- James is working on his science fair project this week entitled “Pet African Grey Parrot Vocalization Frequency”. His hypothesis is that Reggie will vocalize most in the evening because that is when the family is cooking and eating dinner. So far, the hypothesis is wrong…the highest vocalization is in the afternoon…so James will have much to discuss in the conclusion of his research.
What are you all doing? What are you reading, creating, learning. and working out? Are you thinking of trying anything new?