Well, hello. It’s been too long since I’ve written here. I promised myself I wouldn’t be one of those bloggers who takes long breaks from her blog and then starts back in with sorry I haven’t written in awhile.
I’m keeping my promise…I’m not sorry.
I haven’t written in awhile because we’ve been living our lives over here and there’s been a lot going on.
With that said, writing is cathartic for me and I’m excited to kick off a new month/year/decade and return to what makes me feel good!
Besides, we have some catching up to do! It’s too much for one post so I think it might be appropriate to give a preview of some of the events that closed out the Nineteens for us…and I’ll expound upon them over the next couple of weeks. Here how we spent the back half of 2019 (and it was a negative split to be sure!):
- Blue Heron Quilting opened in the newly renovated garage of our home!
- Jamie and, to a much lesser extent, I completely renovated our garage from a drafty dump zone to a beautiful quilt studio.
- Lillian took her first Global Leadership Adventure to Bali.
- Kathryn rode her first big roller coaster in Texas.
- James and I went Salmon fishing for the first time.
- We visited with some of our favorite humans.
- We became horse owners.
- Lillian got her braces off.
- Kathryn got her braces on.
- James discovered his love for shredding the skate park on his scooter and BMX bike.
- We hiked.
- We harvested 10, 273 tomatoes and 958 pumpkins (plus lettuces, herbs, and peppers) from our garden.
- I got a tattoo! My MIL says I’m one of “those” people now 😊
- Lillian went to 4A state in track.
- Kathryn went to 4A state in swimming.
- Lillian started her junior year of high school at Wenatchee Valley College where she will earn her AA alongside her high school diploma.
- Kathryn and I went to Fresno, CA so she could swim in the Senior Zones meet.
- We went to the Pacific Ocean.
- We saw the Golden Gate Bridge!
- There was that time with a pediatric cardiologist.
- Lillian was the cellist in the orchestra for the All-District production of Matilda.
- Herons In Heels, a quilty partnership with my friend Jill, started because two is always better than one!
- James and Jamie camped with the Boy Scouts at the shooting range.
- I ran a half marathon in Chicago with my favorite kook Laura.
- I visited Gram and Kikka in Jacksonville…and saw a gorgeous sunset while I was there!
- We dated ❤
- We laughed and played!
I’ll tell you more about some of these events soon…and then we will embark together into 2020. The year of perfect vision and my season of NO. I’ll tell you about that, too.